Friday, October 3, 2008

~ Nani ~







The other night Tim and I were watching The Andy Griffith show (which is a regular in our home) and we started talking about Aunt Bea. I know she is a make believe character, but we decided that everyone needs an Aunt Bea in their life. As we were discussing this, I realized I already have one. To be more exact she is a perfect blend of Aunt Bea, Mrs. Clause, and Donna Reed. However, she is known to all of us as Nani. As I look back over my life I realize that she has always been their with a loving smile, a warm encouragement, a welcoming hug, and always a fresh baked goodie or two. Whenever I think about Nani a smile comes to my face. She is one of the most loving, giving, and wonderful women I have met and I have the privilege of being her granddaughter.




Nani - it's amazing how one person can mean so much to so many. She is the heart of our family and I know that each person, whether related by blood or by love, is blessed to have her in their life and on their side. All my life she has been one of my greatest sources of comfort and love, from laying my head in her lap as a little girl , to skipping school to hang out with her, to the way she welcomed my husband into the family and loves him simply because he loves me, to chatting with her on the phone today from 2000 miles away and feeling the warmth from here, I know I am loved more than I can imagine. I hope that she knows how much she is loved by all of us ( in our family that is quite a few).



All of my life I have been told how much I resemble my grandma from her pictures over the years and I consider myself blessed. I hope that as I continue to grow I begin to resemble her in spirit too.


I love you Nani more than I can express, I am thankful for your love, support, prayers, spirit, grace, and the example you have set. You are truly one of my greatest blessings and a gift from the Lord.


1 comment:

Chelle Majeski said...

Very sweet Holli! She will love to hear such beautiful sentiments!
Chelle