Wednesday, October 15, 2008

~Our Kids~




Today as I sit and think about life I am so grateful for the blessings that the Lord has brought. Some of them have not been given the way that I thought or originally would have asked for, but I would not change any of them for the world.


Tim and I have been married for 11 yrs and as of today God has not brought children that share our dna into our home. However, He has brought many who share our hearts. It is truly a blessing from the Lord to have children, I have often watched mom's with their kids and thought what a special and wonderful gift. I used to even sometimes feel less than because I didn't have that special relationship. Today however, after many years of growing our family and watching "our kids" ( they know who they are ) grow we truly feel blessed beyond words.

This year one of our kids called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and even though she has a wonderful mom, she wanted to thank me for loving her and being her " second mom." As I hung up the phone I sat and cried as I thanked the Lord for giving me such wonderful relationships with so many young and special "kids". I am also eternally grateful for all the parents that have so unselfishly shared their children with Tim and I. I know in my heart that as these kids continue to grow into beautiful adults and begin their own families, we will continue to be blessed by sharing in these moments with them.

All in all sometimes prayers are not answered the way that we originally want, but I am finally learning to trust that God truly does have my best in His Heart and that always it is a blessing I could never have imagined myself. Someday the Lord may bring children that share our dna and that will be an additional blessing, but I want all "our kids" to know that they will always share Our Hearts. We love you all and you are the answer to many of our prayers. Anywhere life takes you know you are never more than a phone call away and you are always in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers.



PS. These are some pictures of our kids, not all are pictured, but they are all loved and in our hearts just the same.

6 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Holli - thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm not sure how you found me, but I just read this post and already know that we have a LOT in common. I, too, have kiddos of the heart... I care for special needs kids as a home health nurse, and each one of them has captured my heart. Unfortunately, it's not the same as having them 24-7. We, too, are trusting God to do whatever He wants in our lives as far as growing our family is concerned. I will pray for you as well... it's a hard road, but we have learned that God never gives us more than HE (we) can handle! :-)

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

Dear Holli:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

Your post really touched me. I don't know how much you read of my profile, but my family isn't how I planned either...my oldest son died and I have two adopted children, in addition to my biological daughter. But, like you, I wouldn't change it for the world...except for having my son back. It would be cool if God could work that out, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

I just want to encourage you to trust God and serve Him with all your heart, even when you don't understand.

Hope to chat again!
Love,
Sandy Cooper
www.godspeakstoday.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Holli, I haven't checked my comments for a while, but it is so good to hear from you. I hope all is well and tell Tim I said "hi". Brian

Brittany said...

I'm excited too! Welcome to the group!!

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is very sweet and I will be back!


Kate

Rory and Jen said...

Holli,
This post brought me to tears. Thank you for making such a difference in all of these kids lives. You and Tim have left such a legacy and it has continued even though you have moved away.

Love you!

Jen and Rory