Saturday, December 6, 2008

~ Blessed ~




I have to admit that right now life is absolutely wonderful. Tim and I spent the day putting up Christmas lights. Actually Tim put up the lights while I ran back and forth to the stores exchanging all the lights I bought wrong. Eventually we got all the right ones and they are now up and beautiful. I love Christmas time in general, but tonight I am feeling especially happy and blessed. As I sit and write this my husband is in the living room writing a song, the cat is asleep on the bed after her 2 minutes of petting when she heard the computer clicks, and Maggie is asleep on my feet. Life can be so peaceful.








The other night Tim took me Christmas shopping which for him is a true act of love. He didn't complain or drift once while I wandered the isles not quite sure what I was looking for but knowing I would know it when I saw it. We finished half of my list which was wonderful since this year I am determined to get everything shipped on time and not at the last second like usual. What a blessing to be married to and loved by a such a Godly man.




Last night we took Maggie, who loves going for a ride, out and looked at the Christmas lights. That is one of my favorite Christmas activities. Daddy and Mom always used to take us out a few times during the season to view all the lights around town. We have finished each night watching our favorite Christmas movies. Tonight will be "It's a Wonderful Life."



As I go through these days of the holiday season remembering all the wonderful memories and traditions from my childhood and the new traditions and memories my husband and I are making, I am truly thankful for all the blessing God has brought into my life. The small ones and the big ones. The Bible tells us that " All good gifts come from above." Thank you Lord for your many gifts. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

that is soooo cute! love the pics! and thanks for ur kind words...thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Heather said...

What a beautiful post!! I love the picture of your puppy lying under the tree.

mrsmorris said...

Hi Holli,

You have won my $20 gift certificate. Please visit my blog, where you find the links to my Etsy and web stores, and let me know what you'd like :).

We live in Vancouver, and are expecting about 6 inches of snow in the morning. Pretty exciting stuff!

xo
Kim