Monday, November 10, 2008

~ Super Woman ~

With today being her special day I thought I would take a few moments to share with you a woman who most in our family refer to as Superwoman. Our very own Auntie Connie.

Auntie Connie has always been the kind of aunt who makes you want to be better, who makes sure you know you are loved, and is always there. Whether it's watching you walk down a church in a huge pink book costume, cleaning your bedroom because it is messier than the city dump, doing your hair and make up for what ever special day you may be having, listening with care to the life of a teenager who needs a few words of advice, taking off an entire day of work to make sure your wedding day is special, or any one of the many other ways she shows her love, there is only one word for it : Blessing.


Auntie Connie is a woman, who even though she may be tough on herself, makes everyone around her feel safe, enough, loved, and better. She is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside, truly a "woman after God's own heart." I know I gravitate toward her simply because she leaves you feeling happy and loved. She also happens to be one of the most talented women around. I have yet to see her try her hand at something and not be absolutely great at it. She is one of the people who make our family complete and I want her to know that she has been a special blessing in my life and I am so grateful for her and thankful for a future with her in it.


I hope that my own nieces and nephews get to feel the love and acceptance that you have always shown me. After all, you are one of the ones that taught me how to be an aunt and I can't think of a better mentor. I know Uncle Joe was blessed the day he found you and we were blessed the day he brought you into our family. I love you Auntie Connie, have a special birthday filled with wonderful memories to treasure.


1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow Holli... I am speechless. Thank you so much for such a wonderful tribute and for making me feel so special. I am truly blessed to have a strong and loving family that has always been so accepting of me from the beginning. Thank you Holli for taking the time to do this. You are a sweatheart and I miss you and hope that you are getting spoiled on a daily basis. You have a heart of gold.

Much Love, Auntie Connie